Loopty Loop Ultra
This is a 4, 8 and 12 hour race… This means you can run, walk, go fast, go slow! Do as many of the 6.3 mile loops as you want or can. This is your race…. keep going to the last minute or stop when you want. You do NOT have to run the whole time you signed up for. Take a short break, take a long break. Get the idea? It’s your race, do what you want in your allotted time 🙂
Register Online : click here
DATE: July 27, 2019
TIME: 7:00 am
345 John R Rd.
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
PARK FEE: $5 per car
CUT OFF TIMES:
• 4 hour = start last 6.3 mile loop or ONE MORE MILE loop by .. 10:59 am
• 8 hour = start last 6.3 mile loop or ONE MORE MILE loop by .. 2:59 pm
• 12 hour = start last 6.3 mile loop by .. 6:30 pm or ONE MORE MILE loop by 6:59 pm
** NOTE: Race stops at 8:30 pm. Please do not go out for last loop if you cannot finish loop by 8:30pm
Know your own abilities. If you finish loop after 8:30pm it will not count. We will have a 1 mile blue loop that you can do to squeak out one more mile as an option
• $55 = through January, 2018
• $65 = through May, 2018
• $75 = through July 25, 2018 6:00pm
**$85 = Race Day / Cash or Check Only
• $65 = through January, 2018
• $75 = through May, 2018
• $85 = through July 25, 2018, 6:00pm
**$95 = Race Day / Cash or Check Only
• $75 = through January, 2018
• $85 = through May, 2018
• $95 = through July 25, 2018, 6:00pm
**$105 = Race Day / Cash or Check Only
START/FINISH: Hill Top Shelter
Trails are DIRT 🙂 Loop is approximately 6.3 miles with a good mixture of wide and single track. Unlike our other races this course is mostly flat! Even though this race is held in July, trails are shaded and will be much cooler than on the open road.
Here We Go Loopty Loop…
DROP BAG: Don’t want to carry all your supplies? We will have a drop bag area at the start/finish area. You will also have access to your car after each loop.
PACERS: Will be allowed for the 12 hour runners.
- Start = anytime after 3:00pm
- Cost = $10.00
- Must sign waiver
- Cannot carry anything for runner during race
- Pacers will be allowed to use aid station and post food.
- Register race day.. sign waiver, get pacer bib. Cash or check only
“ONE MORE MILE” (OPTIONAL): Have extra time before the cut off but not enough time/energy to finish a whole 6.3 mile loop… We have a ONE MILE Loop marked with BLUE FLAGS. This loop will help you squeak out “ONE more MILE” or help those looking to get a Half/Full marathon distance. NOTE: You can only do it once and must be done at the end.
EARLY PACKET PICK UP:
Date 7/27/2018 (Friday)
Time: 3:00pm – 6:30pm
Location: Bloomer Park – 345 John R rd.
Rochester Hills, MI. 48307
**to avoid park fee ($5) at pay booth, notify attendee that you are picking up
packet for Loopty Loop race
**NOTE: To avoid long lines race day, PLEASE try to pickup packet on Friday!!! Race day, park opens at 6:00am which gives a limited time for race day Packet Pick Up.
RACE MORNING PACKET PICK UP: @ Hill Top Shelter 6:00am – 6:50am
TIMING: Race Time Services NEW for 2018… chip timing!!
- Please pin bib on outside front of your clothing.
- Start of race will not be chip start, clock start only!! So please be at start at 7am.
- Chip timing is to keep track of your laps/time.
- MUST cross timing mat after each lap to ensure your loops are being counted.
WHEN YOU FINISH and cross timing mat for last time…
- remove your bottom portion of bib and give to volunteer. and do either …
- 1) get your finishers medal/buckle, YIPPIE you’re done !!!
- 2) tell volunteer you want to do the ONE MORE MILE LOOP. Do not do one more mile loop without notifying volunteer. We are keeping track of this loop manually, no timing mat !!!
AWARDS: Overall male and female, 4 hour, 8 hour and 12 hour race.
OVERALL WINNERS: Will be determined by the person with the most miles in the fastest time!
Towne Square Pizza – 🙂 Yummy
we will have several deliveries throughout the day.
Starting at : (approx. times)
11:30am, 3:00pm, 4:30pm and 7:00pm
WE WILL ALSO HAVE CAKE 🙂
AID STATION: 2 aid stations per loop. approximately 3 miles apart. * if temperature demands it, we may add another aid station.
Fully Stocked With… Salty, Sweet, Fruit, PB&J sandwiches, Ham/Turkey cheese sandwiches, Pickles, Gatorade, E-Gel, E-Fuel ( electrolyte energy drink ), Coke and Vernors (ginger ale). PORTA POTTY
- WHAT YOU GET:
• Technical short sleeve shirt- male/female cut
• All Finishers receive.. Medal or Belt Buckle
• NOTE: If you reach 50 miles or 100K distance, you will receive a BELT BUCKLE and Medal
• Post Food
- Finishers Sunglasses 🙂
Camping: No camping at Bloomer Park
Nearest camping sites =
- Stony Creek Metro park: Rustic sites only
- Addison Oaks County Park: Full service campsites
- Both parks are approximately 20 minutes from Bloomer park
COURSE MAP: 2018 Map