Bad Santa 5K
December 8, 2019 Registration opening soon
Run or Walk at Addison Oaks County Park . Course is a mixture of Dirt and Blacktop trails with rolling hills.
It’s going to be FUN 🙂 **** KEEP IN MIND… This is Michigan. Trail conditions could be snow covered, icy, muddy! Weather could be snowy, rainy, cold, freezing! Course will not be plowed or groomed if it snows, Race will go on through all weather conditions.
Adams Lake Lodge (inside park) = to pick up your race packet & drink your hot chocolate when you finish!
Online Registration – 2019 opening soon
DATE: December 8, 2019
TIME: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
LOCATION: Addison Oaks County Park, Michigan
- Thru September = $29
- December 7, 6pm = $36
- Race Day = $40 (cash/check only)
START/FINISH: Adams Lake Lodge… can’t miss it, white/brown building left side of parking lot 🙂
- Addison Oaks County Park
- 1480 W. Romeo (32 mile) Rd., Leonard, MI. 48367
- 248) 693-2432
Bad Santa 5K is a beautiful wooded course running around Buhl Lake. Course will have a mixture of surfaces… blacktop path , single track dirt and wide track dirt. Rolling hills along the course will warm you up on this chilly December run 🙂 ELEVATION = 200 feet
Breakdown of course in a nutshell :
- Start on Buhl Lake blacktop path = 1 mile
- single track DIRT trails = .70 mile ( uneven terrain, rocks, roots and wooden bridges )
- Buhl Lake blacktop path = .50 mile
- wide track DIRT = .50 mile ( out and back )
- Finish on Buhl Lake blacktop path = .40 mile
- Elevation = 200 feet
- Toasty fire pit when you finish
PARK FEE: $5 per car
PACKET PICK UP:
RACE DAY ONLY – Start / Finish area 8:45 to 9:50 am… Adams Lake Lodge!
** start / finish is 100 feet from parking lot **
TIMING: by Race Time Services Pull Tag System…
- Please pin bibs in front
- Do not pin bottom tear off portion
- At finish tear off bottom portion and give to volunteer.
- Official Results: www.racetimeservices.com and our website later that day. (Bad Santa page)
NOTE: there will be a chip on back of your bib… timing company testing a new chip. We are still doing pull tag timing system.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Unisex cotton T-Shirt ( guaranteed thru November 25 )
- Santa Hat 🙂
- Finisher medal
- Overall Awards- Top 3 … male/female @ 10:45 am inside Adams Lodge
- FLUSHABLE TOILETS
- Fire pit to warm your hands 🙂
- Hot chocolate inside!