UPDATE.. NO CHARGE
Because of the world wide pandemic, we are pausing all credit card charges. You can still register as normal but you will NOT be charged until we can confirm we can put this event on.
We are hopeful and are planning that this race will be allowed to be held as scheduled!!! We will keep our fingers crossed and will update this note when we know something new, probably not until mid June.
NOTE: We will be limiting participants to a smaller group this year and course may be changed to help keep with the social distancing policy.
This is a 4, 8 and 12 hour race… This means you can run, walk, go fast, go slow! Do as many of the 5.2 mile loops as you want or can. This is your race…. keep going to the last minute or stop when you want. You do NOT have to run the whole time you signed up for. Take a short break, take a long break. Get the idea? It’s your race, do what you want in your allotted time 🙂
**Note for 2020, course will change from 6.3 miles to 5.2 miles. We removed CRT (Clinton River Trail) portion.
Sorry, no dogs or strollers on course.
DATE: July 25, 2020
12 hour = 7:00 am
8 hour = 7:30 am
4 hour = 7:30 am
** NOTE: 8 and 4 hour must start @ 7:30am. If you start at 7:00am that half hour/distance will not count.
345 John R Rd.
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
PARK FEE: $5 per car
CUT OFF TIMES:
• 4 hour = start last 5.2 mile loop or ONE MORE MILE loop by .. 11:29 am
• 8 hour = start last 5.2 mile loop or ONE MORE MILE loop by .. 3:29 pm
• 12 hour = start last 5.2 mile loop by .. 6:30 pm or ONE MORE MILE loop by 6:59 pm
** NOTE: Race stops at 8:00 pm. Please do not go out for last loop if you cannot finish loop by 8:00pm
Know your own abilities. If you finish loop after 8:00pm it will not count. We will have a 1 mile blue loop that you can do to squeak out one more mile as an option
• $55 = through December, 2019
• $65 = through May, 2020
• $75 = through July 21, 2020 6:00pm
**$85 = Race Day / Cash or Check Only
• $65 = through December, 2019
• $75 = through May, 2020
• $85 = through July 21, 2020, 6:00pm
**$95 = Race Day / Cash or Check Only
• $75 = through December, 2019
• $85 = through May, 2020
• $95 = through July 21, 2020, 6:00pm
**$105 = Race Day / Cash or Check Only
START/FINISH: Hill Top Shelter
Trails are DIRT with rocks and roots. Loop is approximately 5.2 miles with a good mixture of wide and single track. Unlike our other races this course is mostly flat! Even though this race is held in July, trails are shaded and will be much cooler than on the open road.
Sorry no dogs or strollers on course.
Here We Go Loopty Loop…
DROP BAG: Don’t want to carry all your supplies? We will have a drop bag area at the start/finish area. You will also have access to your car after each loop.
PACERS: Will be allowed for the 12 hour runners.
- Start = anytime after 3:00pm
- Cost = $10.00
- Must sign waiver
- Cannot carry anything for runner during race
- Pacers will be allowed to use aid station and post food.
- Register race day.. sign waiver, get pacer bib. Cash or check only
“ONE MORE MILE” (OPTIONAL): Have extra time before the cut off but not enough time/energy to finish a whole 5.2 mile loop… We have a ONE MILE Loop marked with BLUE FLAGS. This loop will help you squeak out “ONE more MILE” or help those looking to get a Half/Full marathon distance. NOTE: You can only do it once and must be done at the end.
EARLY PACKET PICK UP:
Date 7/24/2020 (Friday)
Time: 3:00pm – 6:30pm
Location: Bloomer Park –
345 John R rd.
Rochester Hills, MI. 48307
*Notify booth attendee that you are picking up
packet for Loopty Loop race
RACE MORNING PACKET PICK UP: @ Hill Top Shelter
12hour =6:00am – 6:50am
4 and 8hour =6:00am – 7:20am
**NOTE: To avoid long lines race day, PLEASE try to pickup packet on Friday!!! Race day, park opens at 6:00am which gives a limited time for race day Packet Pick Up.
TIMING: Race Time Services …. chip timing
- Please pin bib on outside front of your clothing.
- Start of race will not be chip start, clock start only!!
- Chip timing is to keep track of your laps/time.
- MUST cross timing mat after each lap to ensure your loops are being counted.
WHEN YOU FINISH and cross MAIN 5.2 mile timing mat for last time, you have two options…
- 1) FINISHED! remove bottom pull tag portion, give to volunteer, get your well deserved medal/buckle, YIPPIE you’re done !!!
- 2) ONE MORE MILE LOOP. Tell volunteer you want to do the…one more mile loop. We have a separate timing mat for this loop. once completed remove bottom pull tag potion, give to volunteer, get your well deserved medal/buckle, YIPPIE you’re done !!!
AWARDS: Overall male and female, 4 hour, 8 hour and 12 hour race.
OVERALL WINNERS: Will be determined by the person with the most miles in the fastest time!
Towne Square Pizza – 🙂 Yummy
we will have several deliveries throughout the day.
Starting at : (approx. times)
11:30am, 3:00pm, 4:30pm and 7:00pm
WE WILL ALSO HAVE CAKE 🙂
AID STATION: 2 aid stations per loop. * if temperature demands it, we may add another aid station.
Fully Stocked With… Salty, Sweet, Fruit, PB&J sandwiches, Ham/Turkey cheese sandwiches, Pickles, Gatorade, E-Gel, E-Fuel ( electrolyte energy drink ), Coke and Vernors (ginger ale). PORTA POTTY
- WHAT YOU GET:
• Female-Technical racerback Tank
Male-Technical sleeveless Tank
• All Finishers receive.. Medal or Belt Buckle
• NOTE: If you reach 50 miles or 100K distance, you will receive a BELT BUCKLE and Medal
- NOTE: if you reach 50K/25K distance, you will receive a 50k/25k keychain and medal … see pic below
• Post Food
- Finisher Buff 🙂
Buckle and Medal shown below
50K keychain (25K not shown)
Camping: No camping at Bloomer Park
Nearest camping sites =
- Stony Creek Metro park: Rustic sites only
- Addison Oaks County Park: Full service campsites
- Both parks are approximately 20 minutes from Bloomer park
COURSE MAP: Note for 2020, course will change from 6.3 miles to 5.2 miles. We removed CRT (Clinton River Trail) portion.
To download map… Click Here