100% DIRT trails. Parts of the course are hilly and technical using the mountain bike trails.
80% single track, 6.2 mile loop
Half Marathon will be do 2 loops : 6.2 miles + .4 mile = 6.6 miles
10K will do 1 loop = 6.2 miles
5K will do 2nd half of loop. Less hills, no stairs! = 3.1 miles
Thru The Leaves
REGISTRATION: Online Registration CLOSED
DATE: SUNDAY- October 6, 2019
DISTANCE: Half Marathon, 10K and 5K
** 5K = 8:45 am
** 10K and Half Marathon = 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
345 John R Rd.
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
$39 = through July
$44 = through October 4
$45 = Race Day – Cash/Check only, no Hoodie guarantee
$45 = through February
$50 = through July
$55 = through October 4
$55 = Race Day – CASH/CHECK only, no Hoodie guarantee
$55 = through February
$60 = through July
$65 = through October 4
$65 = Race Day – CASH/CHECK only, no Hoodie guarantee
START/FINISH: Hill Top Shelter
Held at Bloomer Park, Rochester Hills, Mi. on the mountain bike trails. THIS IS NOT A ROAD RACE.. all distances are DIRT trails. The trails are HILLY, mostly single track with rocks and roots.
PARK FEE: $5 per car
PACKET PICK UP: Race day morning only (7:15 am – 8:45 am) Hill Top Shelter
TIMING: chip timed by… Race Time Services
AWARDS: Top 3 overall (male/female) for 5K, 10K and Half Marathon.
2 AID STATIONS:
#1- Water, Gatorade
#2- Water Only
**Half Marathon will also have aid before starting 2nd loop**
Water, Gatorade and E-Gel
WHAT YOU GET:
• All participants receive a pullover hoodie
* To guarantee Hoodie size, must register by 9/26 *
• All Distances receive Finishers Medal
- First 1/4 mile- thru parking lot to trail, this will help with congestion at beginning.
- If you plan on running this fast, start in the front!
- Next 2.75 miles- mostly single track. This is the Hilly, Technical section of the course + 95 stairs!
- Next 2.5 miles- mostly Flat 🙂 switching back and forth from single track to wide track.
- At approximately 5.5 miles there will be a split …10K will continue following pink flags, Half Marathon will follow blue flags for approx. .4 miles, then return to following pink flags.
- Last .5 mile – single track. This will circle you around the finish area, so don’t get too excited too soon.
2 loops( 6.6miles each ) Pink + blue .4 mile section – see map.
= 900 ft elevation gain
1 PINK loop ( 6.2 miles ) = 450 ft elevation gain
Using most of second half of PINK loop. No stairs. = 225 ft elevation gain
**NOTE: Half Marathon will no longer do .75 starter loop.
Additional mileage will be ran inside the loop. See BLUE section on map below.
We are hoping this will ease some congestion in the technical sections in the first 2 miles.
Map Half and 10K… Click Here to download map
Map 5K Click Here to download map