Thru The Leaves
100% DIRT trails. Parts of the course are hilly and technical using the mountain bike trails.
80% single track.
Half Marathon will be doing 2 loops.
REGISTRATION: Click here to register.
DATE: September 30, 2017
TIME: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
DISTANCE: 10K and Half Marathon
345 John R Rd.
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
$40 = through December 31, 2016
$45 = through June 30, 2017
$50 = through August 31, 2017
$50 = through December 31, 2016
$55 = through June 30, 2017
$60 = through August 31, 2017
START/FINISH: Hill Top Shelter
Held at Bloomer Park, Rochester Hills, Mi. on the mountain bike trails. THIS IS NOT A ROAD RACE.. all distances are DIRT trails. The trails are HILLY, mostly single track with rocks and roots.
PARK FEE: $5 per car
PACKET PICK UP: Race day morning only (7:30 am – 8:40 am) Hill Top Shelter
TIMING: Pull Tag System
AWARDS: Top 5 overall (male/female) for 10k and half marathon.
AID STATIONS: Water, Gatorade and (GU half marathon)
WHAT YOU GET:
• All participants receive a pullover hoodie
• Finishers medal! (10k and half marathon)
ROUGH DESCRIPTION: Main Loop – PINK
- First 1/4 mile- thru parking lot to trail, this will help with congestion at beginning. If you plan on running this fast, start in the front! (1/2 marathon will split and do 3/4 mile green loop first).
- Next 2.75 miles- mostly single track. This is the Hilly section of the course + 90 stairs!
- Next 2.5 miles- mostly Flat 🙂 switching back and forth from single track to wide track.
- Last .5 mile – single track. This will circle you around the finish area, so don’t get too excited too soon.
- ELEVATION for each 6.2 mile loop = approx. 425 ft. gain
- 1 GREEN loop ( .75 miles ) at beginning only
- 2 PINK loops ( 6.2miles each ) = 850 ft elevation gain
- 1 PINK loop ( 6.2 miles ) = 425 ft elevation gain