100% DIRT trails. Parts of the course are hilly and technical using the mountain bike trails.
80% single track.
Half Marathon will be doing 2 loops.
Thru The Leaves
DATE: SUNDAY…October 7, 2018
DISTANCE: 10K and Half Marathon
5K (new for 2018!!)
** 5K = 8:45 am
** 10K and Half Marathon = 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
345 John R Rd.
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
$30 = through June
$36 = through October 5
$40 = Race Day – Cash/Check only, no T-Shirt guarantee
$45 = through February
$50 = through June
$55 = through October 5
$55 = Race Day – CASH/CHECK only, no Hoodie guarantee
$55 = through February
$60 = through June
$65 = through October 5
$65 = Race Day – CASH/CHECK only, no Hoodie guarantee
START/FINISH: Hill Top Shelter
Held at Bloomer Park, Rochester Hills, Mi. on the mountain bike trails. THIS IS NOT A ROAD RACE.. all distances are DIRT trails. The trails are HILLY, mostly single track with rocks and roots.
PARK FEE: $5 per car
PACKET PICK UP: Race day morning only (7:30 am – 8:30 am) Hill Top Shelter
TIMING: Pull Tag System by Race Time Services
AWARDS: Top 3 overall (male/female) for 5K, 10K and Half Marathon.
2 AID STATIONS: Water, Gatorade and (E-Gel half marathon)
- WHAT YOU GET:
• Half Marathon,10K – participants receive a pullover hoodie
- 5K – participants receive cotton T shirt
* To guarantee Hoodie size or T Shirt, must register by 9/26 *
• All Distances receive Finishers Medal
ROUGH DESCRIPTION: Main Loop – PINK
- First 1/4 mile- thru parking lot to trail, this will help with congestion at beginning. If you plan on running this fast, start in the front! (1/2 marathon will split and do 3/4 mile green loop first).
- Next 2.75 miles- mostly single track. This is the Hilly section of the course + 90 stairs!
- Next 2.5 miles- mostly Flat 🙂 switching back and forth from single track to wide track.
- Last .5 mile – single track. This will circle you around the finish area, so don’t get too excited too soon.
- ELEVATION for each 6.2 mile loop = approx. 425 ft. gain
1 GREEN loop ( .75 miles ) at beginning only
2 PINK loops ( 6.2miles each ) = 850 ft elevation gain
1 PINK loop ( 6.2 miles ) = 425 ft elevation gain
Using most of second half of PINK loop. No stairs. = 225 ft elevation gain