100% DIRT trails. Parts of the course are hilly and technical using the mountain bike trails.
80% single track, 6.2 mile loop
Half Marathon will be do 2 loops : 6.2 miles + .4 mile = 6.6 miles
10K will do 1 loop = 6.2 miles
5K will do 2nd half of loop. Less hills, no stairs! = 3.1 miles
REGISTRATION: Click Here
DATE: SUNDAY- October 4, 2020
DISTANCE: Half Marathon, 10K and 5K
** 5K = 8:45 am
** 10K and Half Marathon = 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
345 John R Rd.
Rochester Hills, MI 48307
$40 = through July
$45 = through October 3, 6pm
$45 = Race Day – Cash/Check only, no Hoodie guarantee
$45 = through February
$50 = through July
$55 = through October 3, 6pm
$55 = Race Day – CASH/CHECK only, no Hoodie guarantee
$55 = through February
$60 = through July
$65 = through October 3, 6pm
$65 = Race Day – CASH/CHECK only, no Hoodie guarantee
START/FINISH: Hill Top Shelter
Held at Bloomer Park, Rochester Hills, Mi. on the mountain bike trails. THIS IS NOT A ROAD RACE.. all distances are DIRT trails. The trails are HILLY, mostly single track with rocks and roots.
PARK FEE: $5 per car
PACKET PICK UP:
Sunday- October 4, 2020… Race day morning only (7:15 am – 8:45 am) Hill Top Shelter
TIMING: chip timed by… Race Time Services
AWARDS: Top 3 overall (male/female) for 5K, 10K and Half Marathon.
2 AID STATIONS:
#1- Water, Gatorade
#2- Water Only
**Half Marathon will also have aid before starting 2nd loop**
Water, Gatorade and E-Gel
WHAT YOU GET:
• All participants receive a pullover hoodie
* To guarantee Hoodie size, must register by 9/26 *
• All Distances receive Finishers Medal
2019 Hoodie shown below…
- First 1/4 mile- thru parking lot to trail, this will help with congestion at beginning.
- If you plan on running this fast, start in the front!
- Next 2.75 miles- mostly single track. This is the Hilly, Technical section of the course + 95 stairs!
- Next 2.5 miles- mostly Flat 🙂 switching back and forth from single track to wide track.
- At approximately 5.5 miles there will be a split …10K will continue following pink flags, Half Marathon will follow blue flags for approx. .4 miles, then return to following pink flags.
- Last .5 mile – single track. This will circle you around the finish area, so don’t get too excited too soon.
2 loops( 6.6miles each ) Pink + blue .4 mile section – see map.
= 900 ft elevation gain
1 PINK loop ( 6.2 miles ) = 450 ft elevation gain
Using most of second half of PINK loop. No stairs. = 225 ft elevation gain