Twilight Zone 24 Hour Endurance Run
24 Hour Endurance Run… Solo and Relay. Held at Addison Oaks County Park, Michigan. Course will be a mixture of surfaces and trail types. Wide track, Single track, Dirt, Blacktop and Gravel. Nice mixture to change things up and keep your mind occupied. Course will also change directions at the TWILIGHT Hour (right before dark), this will make it feel like a totally different course!!!
*You do not need to run or walk the entire 24 hours… examples
- Stop when you reach a specific distance!
- Take a break, start again! (maybe need a nap)
*WALKERS ARE WELCOME 🙂
DATE: May 4th, 2019
TIME: 8:00 am Start
- 2.75 mile loop
- 24 Hour SOLO or RELAY…. you determine distance 🙂
Addison Oaks County Park
1480 W Romeo (32 mile) Rd.
Leonard, MI. 48367
248) 693-2432 – park office
- Early Bird Special one day only October 15, 2018 = Solo & Relay = $99
- 24 hour Solo: October 16, 2018 – February = $124
- 24 hour Solo: March – May 1, 2019…3:00pm = $144
- 24 hour Relay: October 16, 2018 – February =$114 per teammate
- 24 hour Relay: March – May 1, 2019… 3:00pm =$124 per teamm
** Race Day Registration = $144 per person or teammate – CASH or CHECK only **
Addison Oaks County Park
**Start/Finish will be at Group campsites #5 and #6
**Camping will be at Group campsites #5 and #6
**Parking will be at Group campsites #1 and #2
** Click Here for Details on packet pickup, parking, camping
RELAY: Fun Relay ( 2 – 5 person teams )
- Any gender combo
- Teams of 2 to 5 people
- Each teammates gets own chipped bib
- When switching teammate: complete loop by going through timing mat.
- Exchange is near aid station (look for sign)
- Only one teammate on the course at a time
- Run loops in any combo
- First come – First serve
- Electric- limited, 1 outlet per 3 campsites.
- Water- 8 spigots at start/finish area
- Tents and canopies only
- No cars at camp sites
- Camping included in registration fee
- Start setting up @ 2:00pm – Friday, May 3rd
- RV camping is available in Park, please contact park office. 248) 693-2432
PACKET PICK UP:
- Early– Friday, May 3, 2019. Time – 3:00pm to 8:00pm
- Race Day = Start/Finish area- Saturday, May 4, 2019. Time – 6:00am to 7:45am
- May pick up other participants packets
- Reflective cones at Main turns
- Direction signs
- Pink Stakes
- Course is NOT lit up during night portion
- MANDATORY headlamp and/or flashlight is a must at night
*Course will be a mixture of surfaces and trail types. Wide track, Single track, Dirt, Blacktop and Gravel. Nice mixture to change things up and keep your mind occupied.
*Course will also change directions at the TWILIGHT Hour (right before dark), this will make it feel like a totally different course!!!
NOTE: We will announce when switching, you will only switch at start/finish. ** At twilight you may see people running opposite direction, finishing their daytime loop. SO don’t FREAK OUT 🙂
- Download course map click here
- Note: 1/4 mile single track section not shown on map.
- Download start/finish & parking map click here
- Large parking lot near, start/finish and camping
- Course runs right by parking lot
- Can stage your food/gear @ your car
- No tents in parking lot
- One main aid station per 2.75 mile loop – Start/Finish area
- Fully stocked
- To download food list click here
- Veggie Burgers… will be added to extra goodies
- Pacers will be allowed anytime after 9pm
- Pacer must fill out and sign waiver.
- You can turn in signed waiver for your pacer.
- Pacer Form= click here
- Each pacer will receive pacer bib
- One pacer per participant at a time on course
- Cannot carry water/food for runner
- Pacer please do not go through timing mat
- Must have headlamp or flashlight
- Cannot use aid station/post food pancakes can be purchased for $5
Running for a good cause:
*** note: $1 for every hour that you run will be donated to a local women’s shelter .. Turning Point!!
That means up to $24 could be donated, per person or per team. Up to $2400.00 🙂
*** 2019 Donation = $1,525.00
TIMING: Chip Timed by… Race Time Services 🙂
** Only completed loops within the 24 hour time will be counted. **
Chris Cakes …. will be serving pancakes & sausage links, Sunday 5/5/2019 Cooked on the spot between 8am – 10am 🙂
Included with your registration. Must show your Bib
Spectators can purchase a $5 ticket and enjoy breakfast with you.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Finisher Medal
- 100 mile Belt Buckle (solo only)
- Tech Shirt (gender specific)
- Tent Camping included in price
- Post Food= Pancakes, sausage links, fruit
- Well stocked aid station
- Well marked course
- 2 main fire pits @ start/finish pavilion
- Flushable toilets / showers @ campsite area
- 25cent showers available
- BYOB… alcohol allowed in park! 🙂
- Specific distance keychain to all that reach… 50K,50mile,100K
- Overall Male and Overall Female
- Determined by: most completed loops, if tied … most loops, in the fastest time